SSC conducts combined open competitive Computer Based Examination for recruitment of Junior Engineers, Group ‘B’ Non-Gazetted posts in CPWD (Central Public Works Department), MES (Military Engineering Services), CWC (Central Water Commission) and Department of Posts.
Junior Engineer Exam 2016
The JE Examination-2016 (Paper-I), which was tentatively scheduled to be held from in December 2016, has been rescheduled due to administrative reasons and would now be held in the month of February 2017.
- Notification Date: 1 October, 2016
- Last Date to Apply: 31 October, 2016
- Date of Exam (Paper-I): February, 2017
- Date of Exam (Paper-II):
Junior Engineer Exam 2017
- Notification Date: 9 September, 2017
- Last Date to Apply: 9 October, 2017
- Date of Exam (Paper-I): 5 to 7 January, 2018
- Date of Exam (Paper-II): 1 April, 2018
You must be minimum 18 years and maximum 27 years. Some posts have 30 and 32 years as maximum age limit. Age relaxation exist for different categories.
Minimum 18 years and Maximum 27 years for JE (Quantity Surveying & Contract) in MES. Maximum 30 years for JE (Civil, Electrical & Mechanical) in MES, Maximum 32 years for JE (Civil & Mechanical) in CWC and Farakka Barrage. Age relaxations exist as per Government rule.
- For JE (Civil & Electrical), CPWD: Diploma in Civil or Electrical or Mechanical Engineering
- For JE (Civil & Electrical), Department of Posts: Diploma in Civil or Electrical Engineering
- For JE (Civil), MES: Degree in Civil Engineering or 3-years Diploma in Civil Engineering + 2 years experience in Planning, Execution and Maintenance of Civil Engineering works.
- For JE (Electrical & Mechanical), MES: Degree in Electrical or Mechanical Engineering or 3-years diploma in Electrical or Mechanical Engineering + 2-years experience in Planning, Execution and Maintenance of Electrical or Mechanical Engineering works.
- For JE (QS&C) MES: 3 years Diploma in Civil engineering or Passed Intermediate examination in Building and Quantity Surveying Sub Div.II of the institute of Surveyors(India).
- For JE (Civil & Mechanical), CWC and Farakka Barrage: Degree or Diploma in Civil or Mechanical Engineering.
The exam is conducted in three stages:
- Paper-I (Objective Computer-based)
- Paper-II (Conventional)
- Interview (100 marks)
JE Paper-I and Paper-II
Written test is of 500 marks. There are two papers of 2 hours each. Paper-I is conducted as computer-based mode.
Paper I is objective type and paper II is of conventional type. In Paper-I and Paper-II for General Engineering, you are required to attempt only one part from Civil & Structural, Electrical or Mechanical Engineering. There is negative marking of 0.25 marks for each wrong answer in Paper-I.
|Paper-I (Objective)||General Intelligence & Reasoning||50|
|Total Marks for Paper-I||200|
|Total Marks (Paper I and II)||500|
Paper-I consist of Objective Type Multiple Choice questions only. Candidates who are shortlisted on the basis of performance in Paper-I are called for Paper-II (Conventional Type).