Staff Selection Commission (SSC) conducts combined all India open exam for recruitment for the posts of Data Entry Operator (DEO) and Lower Division Clerk (LDC). Minimum qualification for the exam is 12th standard pass or equivalent.
Important Dates for 2016 Exam
- Date of Notification: 7 October, 2016
- Last Date to Apply: 7 November, 2016
- Date of Computer Based Exam: 7 January to 5 February, 2017
- Date of Tier-II Descriptive Exam: 9 April, 2017
Important Dates for 2017 Exam
- Date of Notification: 5 August, 2017
- Last Date to Apply: 4 September, 2017
- Date of Computer Based Exam: 17 November to 30 November, 2017
- Date of Tier-II Descriptive Exam:
Age Eligibility: Minimum 18 years and maximum 27 years
Academic Qualification Eligibility: Minimum Class-XII pass or equivalent
The exam consist of a written examination and skill test for the post of Data Entry Operator and Typing Test for the post of Lower Division Clerk on Computer. The written exam consist of one multiple choice questions objective type paper.
There are total 200 questions of total 200 marks. There is negative marking of 0.25 marks for each wrong answer.